Science Experiment – Baking soda and vinegar experiment
Here is a super fun Holi activity, where you can introduce a science concept to your child.
What will happen when baking soda will be mixed with vinegar? The mixture quickly foams up with carbon dioxide gas. If enough vinegar is used, all of the baking soda can be made to react and disappear into the vinegar solution.
How to make the design:
1. Draw a pot filled with colors to give a festive touch on a piece of cardboard.
2. Stick thick paper vertically on designs as shown in the picture.
3. Mix few drops of food color with Baking Soda.
How to create the fizz –
1. Now ask your kid to pour the Vinegar with a pipette over colorful Baking Soda.
2. The reaction between Baking Soda (Sodium bicarbonate) and Vinegar (Dilute acetic acid) generates Carbon dioxide gas and that creates fizz.
If you don’t already have an account click the button below to create your account.Create New Account